Monday, December 29, 2008

:: I challenge myself ::

== This entry is going to remain at the top until 01/29/09 as a reminder of my goals ==
Ever since the competition ended, I've lost another 10 lbs. But I'm still behind in my goals which was to be at 140 lbs by Dec 31st. Yeah.. that's really not going to happen. Considering there is thanksgiving and christmas season coming up, who am I kidding? The slowdown in weight loss is you know... expected. I've been pretty good about nutrition but exercise has definitely take a hit.

Nutrition:
The system has worked itself out nicely for me. I still continue to follow warrior diet principles and undereat mostly fruits, vegs, seeds and nuts in the day. I've found that in general my appetite has diminished significantly during the day. I eat "anything" for my main meal but mostly prepare delicious meals made from fresh, organic, sustainable produce and stay away from processed foods. I'm also a flexetarian, eating meat when requested by the husband. I won't be a snobby eater at social gatherings because relationships are more important to me.
Exercise:
I haven't done anything in awhile. First there was the sprained ankle, and then the post-marathon recovery and then the 2 week cold. But with my running shoes in my garage and my kettlebell in the living room, erm, what excuse do I have? I need to exercise at least 5x a week which includes running, especially if i want to run a marathon in 2009. Discipline is much needed in this area. I also need more yoga to really help me balance things out. But essentially, I need to keep my body youthful, strong and supple! Especially if we plan on having kids in the near future!

Spiritual:
While taking care of my God-given body is priority in my life, I need to take care of my spiritual being as well. I'm way behind in my new testament bible reading but I've given myself 6 months to complete it with the guide I purchased.

The New Challenge:

The chinese lunar new year falls on January 29 2009. That is my new deadline to get to 140 lbs which translates to about 2 lbs/ wk. Difficult but still doable. I was saddened yesterday to read that both Tracy and Mark have decided to stop blogging. They have both been huge in inspiring me on my journey especially when I started on the biggest loser challenge. So this is it, I have to challenge myself. No one's gonna love my body for me, I have to love it and care for it. It is my responsibility.

But if you have been inspired by my journey, and want to partner with me, let's do this together! (what that looks like, I don't know!)

12 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

I like the idea of this post. Very cool! I am so sad about Tracy and Mark too. But then I saw Tracy posted on her food blog today ... so perhaps all is not lost. :)

Jo said...

I've often wondered when I would stop blogging myself. But what I see is that life priorities will change and that may include blogging or not. But it's always exciting to move on to a new chapter. I dont think I could possibly take pictures of every meal I eat for the rest of my life but I can see the next chapter in my blog being around juggling babies, nutrition and exercise. Does that combination even exist??

mikee said...

I'm behind you 100% jobo!! So lemme know how I can support!

Jo said...

Here's how you can support, Mikee - 1. swing the bell with me at home 2. learn to make the soups so i can workout more 3. run the 2009 marathon with me!

sctemplar3 said...

hehehe... don't know how/if i could partner w/ you. but i admire your commitment and accountability. you've made great progress!

Jo said...

And so have you!!!! I want to share your success story some day on the blog, with your permission!

sctemplar3 said...

uh.... sure. but i think i'm only halfway thru...

Anonymous said...

I like how positive & discipline you are. Setting realistic goals to achieve. Most of the time we get upset if our goals are not achieved. I admire your courage to acknowledge that you will not be achieving your original goals. And setting a revised dateline but not taking it as an excuse to slack off. You have my support JO! =)

sctemplar3 said...

just some feedback from kittens2007... who doesn't have an account.

kittens2007: i'm inspired by her and trying to eat somewhat healthy too

Unknown said...

hey dear. i m also losing weight pretty quickly. Jiayou..i hope to reach a certain weight by my friends wedding at the end of this month! i am close dear;) so dont' give up..no more excuses.

Jo said...

yeah no more excuses! and the fat is gonna stay off!

thereluctantloser said...

Okay, was inspired by you to create my own food blog!
Kittens2007