Tuesday, June 17, 2008

:: of kettlebells and hunger pangs ::



I am wasting no time. I learnt the basic kettlebell (kb) move today at 11am. I picked up my very first 18 lb kb at 5pm. I trained myself at 9pm.

It's soooo intense but I love it. Gets my heart rate up there like crazy and it feels tight! cant wait to get good at it!

Exhausted after 25 mins of kb, but still able to smile.

===

Some friends have asked me if I'm always feeling hungry now that i'm on a 'diet'. I honestly thought I would be, but I'm actually not. I seriously think it is psychological though - telling myself to adhere to the rules of the game. Ok it's not all mental, i do eat a good 1400 calories 6x a day and I go to bed not feeling hungry. While I was at the spa with the girls today, I snuck in some homemade lemonade but i diluted it with half water and it still tasted yummy. I'm not going to deprive myself of _everything_ but I'll be good. After the spa, we went to cocola and they each bought some dessert. I was actually able to LOOK at all the desserts and not buy any. I honestly didnt feel hungry but I was mentally willing myself to behave. Boy, am I proud of myself. Have I ever said no to dessert???

I know, I know. It's only Day 2, i'm going to relapse right? At least I'm off to a good start and I've got this blog to keep me honest. :)

2 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Awesome! Keep it Up!

Iris said...

So proud of you!