Saturday, October 25, 2008

:: Best Quiche... ever?? ::

I made quiche for the first time today. Thought it would be something good to make in advance for the girls dinner tmrw. And ohmigosh, it tasted AMAZING - one of the best quiches I've ever had in my life time. And no cheese, eggs, cream, butter or any processed stuff - typical macrobiotic principles! You heard me right! I can't take any credit for it unfortunately, mad props to Peter Berley for such creativity and Heidi Swanson for the recipe post.



I was fortunate to have Eric (non-vegetarian) around when I completed the endeavor, and he was able to taste test it. What can I say ... He loved it!!! The downside of this recipe is really... time. There are just so many different parallel steps using many bowls, pots and pans and if not for a lazy Saturday evening, I probably wouldn't have been able to pull it together on a week night. But it is sooo worth it... the sesame oats spelt crust was just fabulous. I cannot wait to make this again.

No comments: