Friday, February 27, 2009

:: sad cow... ::

I came across this today... It really made me sad. Cows aren't supposed to look like this. I thought they were cute but now they just look like a mutant cow. Cowverine.


I did some research and might be heading east to oakdale to pick up our very own pasture-fed humanely-treated cow.

But we will need your help since we have no space to store 350 lbs of meat. If you live in the bay area and are interested in sharing some of our beef, please comment and let me know. Prices will come up to be cheaper or the same as your neighborhood grocery store (safeway) but you will be getting alot more for the same price. It'd be good to see if this endeavor can actually take off, it might be nice to do this regularly.
p.s. this video talk by Mark Bittman is particularly entertaining and informative.

6 comments:

Dorothy Emily Wu said...

omg... that cowverine is so nuts. is that an exception or the norm?

Jo said...

I'm not sure... but it came from a legit source!!

sctemplar3 said...

i want some beef!!!

drea said...

we're possibly interested in the beef! let me know how it will work! andrew said he's interested in the prime rib. :P

drea said...

i mean the rib eye! :)

Jo said...

ribeye... yums. Ok, I will keep you posted. It's very likely that people will need to buy a "combination" package that includes many different cuts. But we will see...