Saturday, July 26, 2008

:: Max VO2 ::

I checked in with Susan today and after our long chat, I was determined to try out the Max VO2 snatch protocol (developed by Kenneth Jay ). This blog entry by Mark Reifkind lays out the steps in determining your snatch cadence. I decided it was time to determine mine. I got Mikee to do the counting for me and my snatch cadence with the Isabelle (26lb) is at 26. Man, Susan was SPOT ON with her prediction!!! My heartrate got up to a maximum of 184 ish. Holy guacamole.

This is what it can look like in a real test:


Anyways, this also means I can now start on the 15:15 Max VO2 snatch protocol. I'll need to accomplish 6-7 snatches every 15 seconds, Rest 15 seconds, and then repeat. And I have to do this a minimum of 10 cycles.

Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

GoodLuck! You are becoming a total kb mad woman. :) Woo Hoo!

Jo said...

Thank you! I officially have a fully blown blister now :)

Derek said...

you and mikee are awesome. 4 miles is great and more than i ran this morning! keep it going! so proud of the discipline you guys have.